- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 2 weeks ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Glen Cove 43-lb. Pot Bust Nets 3 Arrests
Three men were arrested for possession of 43 pounds of marijuana with a street value of up to $60,000 in Glen Cove on Friday afternoon, police said.
Damion Cox, 31, of Queens, 45-year-old Voncliff Bish of Mount Vernon and 50-year-old Devon Wheatley of the Bronx were each charged with felony marijuana possession after Glen Cove city police stopped the vehicle they were in on Brewster Street, police said.
Police had learned that the marijuana was being shipped to a Mail Boxes, Etc. on that street and pulled them over after watching the suspects load the package into the vehicle, authorities said.
Officers also seized more than $2,000 in cash from the suspects, police said.
While notable, the bust isn’t the biggest that Long Island has seen of late. A Bellport woman was arrested for 92 pounds of pot in January, a Roosevelt man was nabbed for 220 pounds of weed in 2011 and two people were charged with having 800 pounds of marijuana also in 2011.
Bail for Cox, Bish and Wheatley was set at $10,000 cash or $20,000 bond. They are due back in court Tuesday.