- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Medford Man Killed in Yaphank Motorcycle Crash
A 34-year-old Medford man was killed in a motorcycle crash with an SUV in Yaphank on Sunday afternoon.
Suffolk County police said Michael Luthy was riding a Kawasaki northbound on Sills Road when he collided with a Mercury SUV at the corner of Expressway Drive North at 2:40 p.m.
Luthy was pronounced dead at the scene.
The other driver, 38-year-old Israel Berger Carrera-Garcia of Flanders, suffered minor injuries when her SUV’s air bag deployed.
Sixth Squad detectives impounded the vehicles for a safety check, are continuing the investigation and ask that anyone that may have witnessed this crash to call them at 631-854-8652 or anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS. All calls will remain confidential.