- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Body Found in Freeport Woods
An unidentified dead man’s body was found in a wooded area on the side of the Meadowbrook State Parkway in Freeport on Wednesday, New York State police said.
The man was found on the west side of the parkway north of Sunrise Highway in a wooded area near a hiring site for day laborers, one of whom was found dead in the same woods last year.
The man was described as Hispanic, in his mid 20s and is possibly of Honduran descent.
The Major Crimes Unit is investigating the case as a homicide. Troopers ask anyone with information regarding this investigation to contact them at 631-756-3390.