- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 1 week ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Body Found in Freeport Woods
An unidentified dead man’s body was found in a wooded area on the side of the Meadowbrook State Parkway in Freeport on Wednesday, New York State police said.
The man was found on the west side of the parkway north of Sunrise Highway in a wooded area near a hiring site for day laborers, one of whom was found dead in the same woods last year.
The man was described as Hispanic, in his mid 20s and is possibly of Honduran descent.
The Major Crimes Unit is investigating the case as a homicide. Troopers ask anyone with information regarding this investigation to contact them at 631-756-3390.