- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 1 week ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Central Islip Man Killed in Car Crash
Suffolk County police are investigating a car crash that killed a Central Islip man early Friday morning, police said.
Rommiek Perry was driving a 2007 Suzuki eastbound on Sunrise Highway in North Lindenhurst at 3:31 a.m. when the car hit a guard rail and overturned near North Fulton Avenue, police said, adding that Perry was ejected from the car.
The 33-year-old was taken to Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center in West Islip where he was pronounced dead, police said.
The car was impounded for a safety check and the investigation is ongoing, police said. Detectives are asking anyone with information regarding the crash to call the First Squad at 631-854-8152.