- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Bay Shore Man Convicted of Wife’s Murder
A man has been convicted of stabbing his estranged wife to death at her Bay Shore home three years ago during a visit with their 6-year-old son, who was playing outside at the time.
A Suffolk County jury found Wesley Paul, 41, of Bay Shore, guilty of second-degree murder.
Prosecutors said he stabbed Monica Paul, 40, who died of a fatal neck wound that severed her carotid artery and jugular vein in the August 7, 2010 attack.
During the struggle with her estranged husband, the victim bit off part of his nose.
Police said the couple, who had separated three months prior, had an argument about Paul’s visitation of their son when Paul retrieved a knife from the kitchen and attacked his wife while she was taking a shower.
The child did not witness the killing and was not physically hurt, police had said.
Judge William Condon is expected to sentence Paul to 25 years to life in prison on June 24.