- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 2 weeks ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Deer Park Crash Kills 2, Critically Injures 2
Two men were killed and a woman and her 3-year-old son were critically injured in a head-on crash in Deer Park on Friday afternoon.
Suffolk County police said Robert Fattibene, 53, of Smithtown, was driving a Dodge Durango northbound on Commack Road when he crossed into the southbound lane and hit a Nissan Altima driven by 32-year-old Herver Leonel Garcia Munoz of Brentwood at 6:35 p.m.
Both men were pronounced dead at the scene.
Yesenia Marilu Martinez Vasquez, 24, a passenger in the Nissan, was airlifted to Stony Brook University Hospital.
Justin Martinez, the toddler who was riding with his mother and father in the car, was taken to Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center in West Islip. Both the mother and child are listed in critical condition.
First Squad detectives impounded the vehicles for safety checks, are continuing the investigation and ask anyone with information about the crash to contact them at 631-854-8152.