- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 2 weeks ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Long Island Mother’s Day Events 2013
Since most sons and daughters are well passed the age when cutesy homemade cards made in grammar school would suffice, everyone else has to find more grown-up ways to get creative.
But fear not, the Long Island Press is in the same boat. To help with this annual dilemma, here’s a list of Mother’s Day events to either shop for a gift or bring mum herself on her big day.
Don’t forget the flowers!
Mother’s Day Fair. Green Acres Mall, 1 E. Merrick Rd. Valley Stream. 10 a.m.-7 p.m.
Mother’s Day Plant Sale. Munns Pond County Park, 228 West Montauk Highway. Hampton Bays. 10 a.m. -4 p.m.
Mother’s Day Craft & Gift Show, Christopher Morley Park 500 Searingtown Rd. Roslyn. 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
Mother’s Day Crafts. Maritime Explorium, 101 East Broadway Port Jefferson. 1-5 p.m.
Mother’s Day Art & Craft Fair. Northport High School, Corner of Laurel Hill & Elwood Rd. Northport. 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
Mother’s Day Yoga by the Sea! Whaling Museum, 279 Main St. Cold Spring Harbor. 11 a.m.
Mothers’ Day Floral Design, Old Westbury Gardens, 71 Old Westbury Rd. Old Westbury. 12-1 p.m.
Mother’s Day Crafts. Garvies Point Museum, 50 Barry Drive. Glen Cove. 12-3 p.m.
Spa Science with Mom. Long Island Science Center, 11 West Main St. Riverhead. 3-5 p.m.
Mother’s Day Dinner. Rockwell’s Bar & Grill, 60 Terry Rd. #7 Smithtown
Carl Hart Mother’s Day Duathlon. Heckscher State Park, Islip. 9 a.m.
Spring Lake’s Mother’s Day nine. Spring Lake Golf Club, 30 E. Bartlett Rd. Middle Island. 10 a.m.
Mother’s Day at the Hatchery. Fish Hatchery and Aquarium, 1660 Route 25A. Cold Spring Harbor. 10 a.m.- 5 p.m.
Mother’s Day Brunch. Long Island Aquarium & Exhibition Center, 431 East Main St. Riverhead. 10:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.
Mother’s Day Brunch. Garden City Hotel, 45 Seventh Street, Garden City. 12 p.m. and 3 p.m.
Mother’s Day Dinner. Glen Cove Mansion, 200 Dosoris Lane, Glen Cove. 1-4 p.m.
Celebrate Mother’s Day. Perfecto Mundo Latin Bistro, 1141-1 Jericho Turnpike. Commack. 1-7 p.m.