- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 1 week ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 weeks ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Rocky Point Head-on Bus Crash Kills Car Driver
An unidentified man was killed in a head-on crash with a tour bus in Rocky Point on Saturday night.
Suffolk County police said the victim was driving a Toyota Scion eastbound on the Route 25A Bypass when he crossed into the opposite lane of traffic and hit a westbound Prevost Coach tour bus that had no passengers aboard at 7:40 p.m.
The car driver was pronounced dead at the scene. His name was not immediately available to be released.
The bus driver, 36-year-old Richard Kiernan of Sound Beach, was taken to John T. Mather Memorial Hospital in Port Jefferson where he was treated for minor injuries.
Suffolk County Police Motor Carrier Unit officers performed a safety check on the tour bus. The Toyota Scion was impounded.
Seventh Squad detectives ask anyone with information about the crash to contact them at 631-852-8752.