- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Roosevelt Man Nabbed for Hempstead Shooting
An alleged gunman has been accused of shooting and wounding a 49-year-old man in the victim’s hometown of Hempstead over the weekend.
Nassau County police said the 49-year-old victim was walking on Margaret Court when James McCullough walked up, pulled out a handgun and fired several rounds, striking the victim in the left buttock and right forearm shortly before 7 a.m. Friday.
The victim was taken to a local hospital where he was treated and later released.
Third Squad detectives apprehended the 41-year-old suspect, who is known to the victim, at his Roosevelt home on Saturday.
McCullough was charged with second-degree attempted murder, assault, criminal use of a firearm and criminal possession of a weapon. He will be arraigned Sunday at First District Court in Hempstead.