- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 1 week ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Wading River Crash Leaves Driver Dead
A 62-year-old man was killed when her truck crashed into an illegally parked tractor trailer in Wading River early Friday morning.
Riverhead Town Police said Daniel Kiernan was driving a Chevrolet pickup truck eastbound on Route 25A when his truck veered from the lane and hit the back of the tractor trailer that was stopped with its hazard lights flashing on the side of the road at 6:20 a.m.
The Selden man was pronounced dead at the scene.
The other driver, 26-year-old DuWayne Tirado of Connecticut, was not injured. He was summonsed for a parking violation.
The truck was making a delivery to a landscaping company at the time. It is registered to Toria Truck Rental, Inc. based in Windsor Locks, Conn.