- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Centereach Man Nabbed for Mass. Child Rape
U.S. Marshals have apprehended a 62-year-old Centereach man wanted for alleged sex crimes against children in Massachusetts dating back more than 30 years ago, Suffolk County police said.
Paul Collins was arrested at his Pleasant Avenue home and charged with rape of a child by force, indecent assault and battery of a child under the age of 14 and open and gross lewdness.
Collins was arraigned at First District Court in Central Islip over the weekend before Arlington Police Department investigators took him back to Massachusetts, where he will face the charges, authorities said.
Collins was a swim coach and the Aquatics Director for the Arlington Boys and Girls Club between 1978 to 1980 when he met the four boys he is accused of victimizing, police said.
WCVB-TV in Boston reports that Collins in the second suspect to face such allegations in the three months since victims began coming forward.
Special Victims Section detectives are investigating if Collins, who lived in Suffolk for nearly a decade, committed similar crimes on Long Island and are asking anyone with information about him and possible victims to call investigators at 631-852-6184 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS.