- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 2 weeks ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
East Moriches Man Dies in Car Crash
A 20-year-old East Moriches man was killed in a car crash in Shirley over the weekend.
Suffolk County police said Ronald Murphy was driving a Nissan Altima northbound on William Floyd Parkway when the vehicle left the roadway and struck a tree and utility pole near the corner of Coraci Boulevard shortly before noon Sunday.
Murphy, who was driving alone, was taken to Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Medical Center in East Patchogue where he was pronounced dead.
Seventh Squad detectives impounded the vehicle for a safety check, are continuing the investigation and ask anyone with information on this crash to call them at 631-852-8752.