- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 1 week ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Riverhead Woman Shot by Homeless Teen
A 17-year-old homeless man has been arrested for shooting a woman near her Riverhead home while the suspect was aiming at two men he was arguing with on Monday evening, authorities said.
Nathan Streit was in a dispute with John Gallo, 26, and Shane Sypher, 25, when Streit fired a shotgun at them, missed and pellets from one of the shots hit 52-year-old Sharon Gallo at 8:20 p.m., Riverhead Town Police said.
The alleged gunman fled the scene but K-9 officers tracked him to an Osborn Avenue residence, police said.
He was charged with assault, criminal possession of a weapon and reckless endangerment. He will be arraigned at Riverhead Town Justice Court.
The victim was treated for non-life threatening injuries at Peconic Bay Medical Center.