- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
East Farmingdale Crash Kills Driver, 82
An 82-year-old Rosedale woman was killed in a car crash in East Farmingdale early Sunday morning.
Suffolk County police said Vera Quashie was driving a Hyundai Accent westbound on Route 109 when she lost control of the car and hit a utility pole at the corner of Albany Avenue at 12:15 a.m.
Quashie, who was driving home alone from work at the Berkshire Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in West Babylon, was taken to Nassau University Medical Center where she was pronounced dead.
First Squad detectives impounded the vehicle for a safety check, are continuing the investigation and ask anyone with information on this crash to call them at 631-854-8152.