- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Ex-Sen. Caesar Trunzo Dies at Age 87
Caesar Trunzo, a former longtime New York State senator from Brentwood, died Tuesday night at age 87.
Trunzo served in the state senate for 36 years, from 1972 to 2008, when he was unseated by Brian X. Foley, a one-term senator who was defeated in 2010 by Sen. Lee Zelden (R-Shirley).
“He was a dedicated public servant who served with kindness and compassion,” State Sen. Dean Skelos (R-Rockville Centre), so-leader of the chamber, said in a statement.
Skelos said Trunzo was known amongst friends as “C” and was proud of sponsoring legislation funding breast cancer research and protecting Long Island’s environment.
He is survived by his children, Laura and Michael. Funeral arrangements were not immediately available.