- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 1 week ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 weeks ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Man Found on LIE in Holbrook Dies
A 52-year-old man who was found in the the middle of the Long Island Expressway in Holbrook early Wednesday morning later died, Suffolk County police said.
The man, whose identity was not immediately available, was found on the left shoulder between the center median and the HOV lane between exits 60 and 61 on the eastbound side of the roadway, but not in a driving lane, at 5:30 a.m., police said.
He was taken to Stony Brook University Hospital, where he later died. The Suffolk County Medical Examiner’s office will perform an autopsy to determine the man’s cause of death.
Vehicular Crime Unit detectives are continuing the investigation.
The LIE was closed in both directions for a half hour while investigators were on the scene. The HOV and left lanes were closed for more than two hours.