- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Syosset Store Owner Charged With Sex Abuse
A convicted child molestor who owns an upholstery business in Syosset has been arrested for pulling down a male employee’s pants and grabbing his genitals last week, Nassau County police said.
Alfred Balcerak, a Registered Level 3 Sex Offender and owner of Dun Rite Upholstery on West Jericho Turnpike, was charged with first-degree sexual abuse after he surrendered to police Tuesday, authorities said.
The victim left the store following the May 21 incident.
The 54-year-old Freeport man will be arraigned Wednesday at First District Court in Hempstead.
Balcerak became a registered sex offender following his 2009 conviction for sexually abusing a boy younger than 14 years old, according to Parents for Megan’s Law. He served two years behind bars.