- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
East Meadow Woman Stabbed Boyfriend With Scissors, Cops Say
An East Meadow woman has been arrested for stabbing her boyfriend with a pair of scissors and brandishing three kitchen knives at him early Thursday morning, Nassau County police said.
Alveena Chaudry, 24, got into an argument with her 40-year-old boyfriend while they were seated in a vehicle in Mineola when she allegedly pulled the scissors from her pocketbook and stabbed the victim in the right shoulder shortly before 1 a.m., police said.
The victim got out of the vehicle, walked inside his Raff Avenue home, where Chaudry followed him inside, grabbed the knives in the kitchen and pointed them at the victim, police said.
The victim yelled out to his friend and Chaudry fled the scene, police said. The victim was taken to a local hospital where he was treated for a non-life threatening injury.
Chaudry was charged with assault, menacing and possession of a dangerous weapon. She will be arraigned Thursday at First District Court in Hempstead.