- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
New Cassel Home Invasion Try Probed
Nassau County police are searching for a trio wanted for an attempted armed home invasion in New Cassel on Thursday morning, authorities said.
A 30-year-old man was in his Bond Street home when the three assailants kicked in the rear door and one of men flashed a handgun shortly before 8 a.m., police said.
The victim retreated to the basement and the home invaders fled empty handed after unsuccessfully trying to break through that door, police said.
The victim was not injured and there was no description of the suspects.
Third Squad detectives request anyone with information regarding this crime to contact Nassau County Crime Stoppers at 1-800-244-TIPS. All callers will remain anonymous.