- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Valley Stream Robbers Tie Up Store Clerk
A pair of armed robbers tied up a Valley Stream cell phone store clerk before ransacking the shop on Thursday evening, Nassau County police said.
A 25-year-old man was working at the T-Mobile store on Rockaway Avenue when two men wearing bandanas over their faces walked in and bound the victim’s hands while one of the robbers flashed a handgun at 5:45 p.m., police said.
The robbers stole the victim’s wallet, cell phones and cash before they fled the scene in a black Honda Accord westbound on Fairview Avenue. The victim was not injured.
Both suspects were described as black men in their 20s wearing baseball caps. The first was 5-feet, 6-inches tall, 145 pounds, wearing an Adidas sweatshirt and dark pants. The second was 5-feet, 10-inches tall, wearing dark clothing and a hooded sweatshirt.
Fourth Squad detectives request anyone with information regarding this crime to contact Nassau County Crime Stoppers at 1-800-244-TIPS. All callers will remain anonymous.