- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 2 weeks ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
2 Men Charged with Attempted Murder for Inwood Attack
Two men are facing attempted murder charges for a February attack that left a man with multiple stab wounds to his throat, arms and legs, Nassau County police said.
Special Investigations Squad detectives arrested 27-year-old Erick Pelaez of North Lawrence on May 4 and 18-year-old Sergio Acosta on Friday at his Inwood home, police said. Another suspect involved in the alleged attack has yet to be apprehended.
Investigators said the unidentified 23-year-old victim was at Carisma Restaurant on Mott Avenue in Lawrence in the early morning hours of Feb. 23 when he spotted the three men inside the restaurant. The victim left and was walking home when he was approached by the trio and attacked, police said.
The third suspect struck the victim repeatedly before the three men allegedly dragged him behind a house on Clinton Avenue and allegedly stabbed him multiple times, police said.
The victim was transported to a local hospital where he was treated for stab wounds to his throat, arms and legs, police said.
Both Pelaez and Acosta were charged with attempted murder, assault, gang assault and possession of a dangerous weapon. Pelaez was arraigned May 5 and Acosta will be arraigned Saturday at First District Court in Hempstead.