- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Man Crashes into Police Car, Charged with DWI
An alleged drunk driver from the Bronx was arrested Friday after he allegedly crashed into a New York State Park police car on Ocean Parkway, state police said.
Robert Pierro, 29, was arrested at the scene, police said, and charged with driving while intoxicated.
State police said two officers were performing a traffic stop on Ocean Parkway at 3 p.m. when a 2003 Saab, driven by Pierro, struck the police car from behind. The force of the collision caused the police car to roll over, causing non-life-threatening injuries to both officers inside, police said.
Pierro will be arraigned at First District Court in Hempstead.