- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
2 Long Islanders Killed in Upstate DWI Hit-and-run
An upstate New York man has been arrested for allegedly rear-ending a motorcycle in drunken-driving, hit-and-run crash that left a man and woman dead over the weekend, New York State police said.
Luis Munoz was charged Monday with vehicular homicide and driving while intoxicated.
Police said the 24-year-old Ossining man was driving on the New York State Thruway in the Town of Woodbury when he hit a motorcycle driven by Rafaelito DeJesus, 23, of Valley Stream, at 1:10 a.m. Sunday.
DeJesus and his passenger, 25-year-old Melissa Rupa of Mineola, were pronounced dead at the scene.
Bail for Munoz was set at $250,000 cash or $1,000,000 bond.
Troopers are continuing the investigation are ask anyone with information to contact them at 845-782-8311.