- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Medford Man Arrested for Shooting Neighbor’s Dog With BB Gun
A Medford man has been accused of shooting his neighbor’s dog with a BB gun on Sunday evening, Suffolk County police said
Officers responded to a 911 caller’s report that her dog had been shot on Lincoln Road and upon arrival they found a German Shepard bleeding with a BB gun pellet lodged in his nose at 7 p.m.
The dog owner’s neighbor, 54-year-old Martin Frey, was charged with animal cruelty and criminal possession of a weapon after police said he was found to be in possession of a gravity knife.
Frey will be arraigned Monday at First District Court in Central Islip.
The dog’s injuries were not life-threatening.