- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 2 weeks ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Syosset Man Dies in Car Crash
A 73-year-old Syosset man died after his vehicle was rear-ended while he was stopped at a traffic light in Jericho on Monday morning.
Nassau County police said Medhat Sami was stopped at a red light on Jericho Turnpike at the corner of Old Hamlet Drive when his Infinity was struck from behind by a Mercedes Benz. Sami’s vehicle then struck a Ford Van stopped in front of him.
Sami was taken to Nassau University Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead about an hour later.
The 72-year-old man that struck Sami’s vehicle was treated at a local hospital for minor injuries. The 70-year-old man driving the van that Sami hit was not injured.
Second Squad detectives found no criminality involved in the crash and are inspecting the three vehicles involved.