- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 1 week ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 weeks ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
North Bellmore Drive-by Shooting Probed
A gunman riding a motorcycle is wanted for questioning after a drive-by shooting in North Bellmore late Wednesday night, Nassau County police said.
Officers responded to a report of shots fire on Olympia Road, where the triggerman fled the scene in a black vehicle after leaving the Suzuki motorcycle behind at 11:52 p.m., police said.
Investigators found that a parked Ford Explorer nearby had bullet holes in the wheel wells, police said. There were no reported injuries.
Olympia Road is five blocks from Saw Mill Road Elementary School.
First Squad detectives are continuing the investigation.
Detectives ask anyone with information regarding this crime to contact Nassau County Crime Stoppers at 1-800-244-Tips. All callers will remain anonymous.