- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
National Donut Day Deals on Long Island
This annual tribute to the beloved circular pastry falls on the first Friday of June starting 75 years ago when the Salvation Army in Chicago created the holiday to honor women who volunteered to served donuts to soldiers during World War I.
What better way to celebrate this momentous occasion than to indulge in a donut? Many locations are offering free donuts or a donation to the Salvation Army with the purchase of a donut. Below is a list:
Not only is this chain debuting its new breakfast sandwich, bacon and eggs sandwiched between a split glazed donut, but it is also offering customers a free donut with purchase of any beverage. This offer is available at participating locations while supplies last.
Smokey Bones Bar and Fire Grill
This restaurant will donate a dollar to The Salvation Army for every purchase of its signature Hot Bag O’ Donuts.
Location: 5012 Express Dr. S., Ronkonkoma
Enjoy a free donut with no purchase necessary.
Location: Penn Station
A dollar will be donated to the Salvation Army for every person who likes the Entenmann’s Facebook page.