- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Man Killed During Dispute with Ex-Girlfriend
A Mastic Beach teenager stabbed and killed his mother’s ex-boyfriend early Monday morning after the man brandished a gun and attacked the woman inside her house, Suffolk County police said.
No arrests have been made and no charges have been filed as homicide detectives continue to investigate the case, police said.
Authorities said 48-year-old Norman Shields entered his ex-girlfriend’s Selden Road home at 3:45 a.m. and confronted her and her new boyfriend. Shields then brandished a gun, according to police, and started to assault 31-year-old Natasha Bivens but was stabbed to death by Bivens’ 13-year-old son who came to her defense, police said. Shields was pronounced dead at Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Medical Center in East Patchogue, police said.
The former couple’s 4-year-old child was also in the house but wasn’t injured, police said.
Anyone with information regarding the stabbing is asked to call the Homicide Squad at 631-852-6392 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS.