- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Farmingville Man Killed in Car Crash
A 26-year-old man died after he crashed his car into a ravine in his hometown of Farmingville on Wednesday afternoon.
Suffolk County police said Darrell Lacross was driving his Subaru BRZ northbound on North Ocean Avenue when he lost control, struck the guard rail, went airborne, hit several trees and landed in a ravine at 2:40 p.m.
Lacross was pronounced dead at the scene.
A passenger in the car, 26-year-old Patrick Baptiste of Virginia, was taken to Stony Brook University Hospital where he was listed in serious condition.
Sixth Squad detectives impounded the car, are continuing the investigation and ask anyone who may have witnessed or have information on this crash to call them at 631-854-8652.