- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 2 weeks ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Wainscott Man Accused of Accosting Traffic Cop
A man was arrested for grabbing a Southampton Town Traffic Control Officers’ ticket book, throwing it and cursing at her as she ticketed illegally parked vehicles in Watermill on Wednesday afternoon, authorities said.
Michael Kelley was charged with obstructing governmental administration and released on $250 bail. Police said he approached the officer from behind on Dune Road while she was walking up to several illegally parked cars at 12:15 p.m.
“You’re not going to be writing any tickets today,” the 59-year-old Wainscott man, who was working at a nearby construction site, yelled at the officer, according to Southampton police.
He will be arraigned at Southampton Town Justice Court at a later date.