- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Long Island Father’s Day 2013 Events
Not every dad wants to sit home and watch the game. Some like abstract art, muscle cars, or fine wine. Others prefer beer and brunch. Either way, here’s 10 special events and deals across Long Island to get dad off the couch this Father’s Day, which is Sunday.
Special Father’s Day Cruise, Captree State Park, Robert Moses Causeway, Babylon. 1 – 2:30 p.m. Great South Bay sightseeing aboard the Delta Lady. Adults $15, Seniors $12, Children (12 and under) $10. Reservations recommended. 631-422-1060.
Annual Father’s Day Car Show and Swap Meet, Merrick Train Station, Sunrise Hwy and Merrick Ave., Merrick. 9 – 4 p.m. Cars, vendors, food, rides, and live music. $15 pre-registered, $20 the day of. 516-369-0122.
Father’s Day Celebration at Cold Spring Harbor, Cold Spring Harbor Fish Hatchery & Aquarium, 1660 Route 25A, Cold Spring Harbor. 10 – 5 p.m. Fathers fish for free when accompanied by their child. 516-692-6768.
“Cheers for Dad” Father’s Day, Sparkling Pointe Vineyard, 39750 Country Road 48, Southold. 2 – 5 p.m. Gourmet barbeque, wine, local beer, and live jazz. $40 per adult, $10 per child. Reservations required. 631-765-0200.
Father’s Day Brunch, Inn at Great Neck, 30 Cutter Mill Rd., Great Neck. 12 – 2:30 p.m. Fathers receive a complimentary draft beer and a voucher for a future complimentary brunch. Reservations required. 516-773-2000.
Father’s Day at the Heckscher Museum, Heckscher Museum of Art, 2 Prime Ave., Huntington. 11 – 5 p.m. Free admission for fathers and grandfathers. $6 for adults, $4 for students over 10, free for children 10 and under. 631-351-3250.
“Cars and Coffee,” New York Restomod, 91 Milbar Blvd., Farmingdale. 8 – 11 a.m. Muscle cars and street rods. Free admission and breakfast for all. Free goody bags with advance registration. 1-800-913-3511.
Father’s Day BBQ Brunch, Allegria Hotel, 80 West Broadway, Long Beach. 12 – 5 p.m. Unlimited champagne, mimosas, and Bloody Marys. $57 per person. 516-992-3730.
Father’s Day Hike, Whiskey Hill, Bridgehampton. 10 – 11 a.m. Meet on Mill Path (off Lopers Path East) for a 1.7 mile hike with ocean views. 631-537-5202.
Father’s Day Grand Buffet, Three Village Inn, 150 Main St, Stony Brook. 10:30 am – 2 pm. $39 per adult, half price for children under 10. 631-751-0555.