- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 1 week ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 weeks ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Dix Hills Man Killed in LIE Crash
A 20-year-old Dix Hills man was killed when he crashed his car on the Long Island Expressway in Melville, injuring his passenger early Sunday morning.
Suffolk County police said Blake Marcus was driving a Acura eastbound on the LIE when he lost control, crashed through a guardrail just east of Exit 49 and the car slid down an embankment into the woods at 4:25 a.m.
Emergency Service Section officers and Melville Fire Department firefighters extricated Marcus and his passenger, 21-year-old Dorian America of Wheatley Heights, from the vehicle.
They were both transported to Nassau University Medical Center where Marcus was pronounced dead and America was treated for non-life-threatening injuries.
Second Squad detectives impounded the vehicle, are continuing the investigation is and ask anyone with any information to contact them at 631-854-8252.