- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Letter Carrier Killed in Lloyd Harbor Crash
A U.S. Postal Service letter carrier died after his mail truck was rear-ended in Lloyd Harbor on Monday afternoon, Suffolk County police said.
Alan Nobile of West Islip was driving along his route southbound on West Neck Road when his vehicle was hit from behind by an Audi near the corner of Barberry Lane at 3 p.m.
Nobile was ejected from the vehicle and taken to Huntington Hospital, where he died five hours later. Suffolk County medical examiners will perform an autopsy to determine his cause of death.
The second driver, a Lloyd Harbor resident, refused medical treatment at the scene.
Second Squad detectives are continuing the investigation.