- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
LIE Crash Leaves Driver Dead in Jericho
A 47-year-old man was killed when he crashed his SUV on the Long Island Expressway in Jericho early Friday morning.
Nassau County police said the victim was driving a Nissan eastbound at exit 41 when he lost control, struck the center median and careened across all four lanes before striking a wall at 3:37 a.m.
The victim was taken to a local hospital where he was pronounced dead a half hour later. His identity was not immediately available.
The eastbound lanes of the LIE were closed for three hours while investigators were on the scene.
Second Squad detectives do not suspect any criminality but are continuing the investigation.