- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 2 weeks ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
3 Shot at Copiague Party, Shooting Suspect Arrested
An Amityville man has been arrested for shooting and wounding three people at a Copiague house party early Saturday morning, Suffolk County police said.
First Precinct officers returning to a Maple Court home to break up a party they had responded to hours earlier arrived to find that three people had been shot at 1:40 a.m., police said.
A witness pointed out the alleged shooter to police as the crowd was dispersing and officers took 25-year-old Tehron Sims into custody, police said.
The three victims were taken to area hospitals for treatment of non-life threatening injuries.
Sims will be arraigned Sunday at First District Court in Central Islip on charges of assault and criminal possession of a weapon.
First Squad detectives are continuing the investigation and ask anyone who attended the party and may have information on the shooting to call them at 631-854-8152. All calls will remain confidential.