- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Oceanside Man Accused of Slashing Mother’s Boyfriend
An Oceanside man has been arrested for slashing and wounding his mother’s 60-year-old boyfriend during an argument that turned physical early Sunday morning, Nassau County police said.
Jimmy Godsey, 28, was charged with assault and criminal possession of a weapon.
Police said the victim asked Godsey not to go into his mother’s room at their Sunnybrook Drive home when a fight broke out, the two began pushing each other and Godsey slashed the victim with a folding knife in the neck at 12:45 a.m.
Godsey ran out of the house and surrendered when officers arrived shortly later.
The victim was taken to a local hospital for treatment of a non-life threatening injury.
Godsey will be arraigned Sunday at First District Court in Hempstead.