- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 2 weeks ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
3rd Suspect Nabbed for Lawrence Attempted Murder
Authorities have apprehended a Riverhead man wanted for helping two suspects jump a 23-year-old man in Lawrence, drag him into a backyard and stab him four months ago, Nassau County police said.
U.S. Marshals helped Special Investigations Gang Squad detectives arrest Manuel Pelaez early Tuesday morning. The 21-year-old was charged with attempted murder, gang assault, assault and possession of a dangerous weapon.
Police said Pelaez followed the victim home from Carisma Restaurant on Mott Avenue in Lawrence when he, 27-year-old Erick Pelaez of North Lawrence and 18-year-old Sergio Acosta of Inwood attacked the victim in the early morning hours of Saturday, Feb. 23.
The victim was treated at a local hospital for treatment of stab wounds to the throat, arms and legs.
Erick Pelaez was apprehended May 4 and Acosta was arrested May 31, police said. They were ordered held without bail on the same charges as Manuel Pelaez, who will be arraigned Tuesday at First District Court in Hempstead.