- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Bicyclist Killed in N. Lindenhurst Car Crash
Suffolk County police are investigating a car crash that killed a bicyclist in North Lindenhurst Tuesday night.
Police say at 9:25 p.m. a 61-year-old West Babylon man was riding his bicycle southbound on Wellwood Avenue when he attempted to cross Berry Street, and his bicycle collided with a 2006 Volkswagen also traveling southbound on Wellwood Avenue.
The man was transported via North Lindenhurst Rescue to Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center in West Islip where he was pronounced dead. The victim’s name is not being released pending notification of family members.
The driver of the vehicle, Michael Edwards, of Wheatley Heights, remained at the scene. Edwards, 36, was not injured and there were no charges filed.
The vehicle was impounded for a safety check and the investigation is continuing.
Detectives are asking anyone with information about the crash to call the First Squad at 631-854-8152.