- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 2 weeks ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
NYC Teens Arrested for 7 Valley Stream Home Burglaries
Two teens were arrested Monday after Nassau police say the men burglarized six homes in the Valley Stream/North Woodmere area.
According to detectives, 18-year-old Onyx Arroyo of Rosedale, Queens and 17-year-old Omar Allen of the Bronx rang the front doorbell at a residence on Roeckel Avenue Monday afternoon.
The 46-year old female homeowner, while looking out of the glass portion of her door, saw the men on her porch. Both Arroyo and Allen then went to the side door where they men were not in sight.
The homeowner told police she heard a loud noise in the back of the house and saw one of the men climbing out of an open bedroom window.
Upon police arrival a description of Arroyo and Allen was broadcasted and a short time later both subjects were located and apprehended by assisting officers in Rosedale, Queens.
After being identified by the victim, the defendants were then placed under arrest.
During their arrest, police discovered that from May 31 to June 24, Arroyo was involved in six other residential burglaries in the Valley Stream and N. Woodmere area, Allen being involved in one other burglary with Arroyo in Valley Stream.
Arroyo is charged with six counts of burglary and attempted burglary. Allen is charged with two counts of burglary.
Police believe Arroyo and Allen may be responsible for more burglaries in Nassau and Queens.