- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 1 week ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 weeks ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Body Found in Gilgo Beach ID’d as Missing Woman
A woman’s body that washed ashore at Gilgo Beach this week has been identified as that of a 31-year-old Queens woman who was reported missing from the area three months ago.
Suffolk County police said the victim was Natasha Jugo of Queens Village, whose belongings and car were found near Ocean Parkway after she disappeared in March.
People walking on the beach saw Jugo’s body wash up on Monday night and called 911.
Police have said that they do not suspect a link between the woman’s disappearance and the discovery of 11 sets of human remains along Ocean Parkway in recent years.