- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Nassau Family Court Referee Found Dead in Pool
A longtime Nassau County Family Court attorney referee was found dead in the swimming pool in the backyard of her Syosset home on Wednesday afternoon.
Nassau County police said a landscaper called 911 after finding 55-year-old Patricia Doyle face down in her pool at her Azalea Drive home shortly after 10 a.m. Wednesday. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
“We are deeply saddened by the sudden loss of Patricia Doyle,” Thomas Adams, Administrative Judge of Nassau County, said in a statement.
“Ms. Doyle was an extraordinary Court Attorney Referee who worked tirelessly assisting families in crisis,” he said. “Her legacy is one of compassion and fairness. She proudly served the residents of Nassau County with great distinction and respect.”
Doyle was assigned to Family Court to Hear and Determine or Hear and Report on Custody and Visitation matters, acting as special referees and research and analyze complex legal issues and questions raised in cases.
Second Squad detectives are continuing the investigation, but police said there seems to be no criminality at this time.