- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 1 week ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Middle Island Man Nabbed for Stealing Puppy
An alleged dog-napper has been arrested for breaking into a pet store in his hometown of Middle Island and stealing a Rottweiler puppy this week, Suffolk County police said.
Justin Geiger will be arraigned Friday on a charge of burglary at First District Court in Central Islip.
An employee of Friends of Freddie Pet Rescue on Middle Country Road called 911 Wednesday to report that when she opened the store, she noticed the front door was smashed and a puppy was missing.
Sixth Squad detectives alleged the 23-year-old broke into the shop and stole the puppy Tuesday after he went to the store and asked if the puppy had a microchip in it and employees told him that it did not.
Police said they found the dog in Geiger’s home when he was taken into custody.