- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Massapequa Pedestrian Fatally Struck by Car
A 75-year-old woman was fatally struck by a car while walking along Sunrise Highway in Massapequa on Friday night.
Nassau County police said the victim was walking in the eastbound lane of Route 27 west of Hicksville Road when she was struck by an eastbound Honda Accord at 9:30 p.m., police said.
The victim, Grace Rinaldi of East Meadow, was pronounced dead at a local hospital less than an hour later.
Seventh Squad detectives conducted a brake test on the vehicle and do not suspect any criminality.