- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 2 weeks ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Massapequa Pedestrian Fatally Struck by Car
A 75-year-old woman was fatally struck by a car while walking along Sunrise Highway in Massapequa on Friday night.
Nassau County police said the victim was walking in the eastbound lane of Route 27 west of Hicksville Road when she was struck by an eastbound Honda Accord at 9:30 p.m., police said.
The victim, Grace Rinaldi of East Meadow, was pronounced dead at a local hospital less than an hour later.
Seventh Squad detectives conducted a brake test on the vehicle and do not suspect any criminality.