- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Melville Crash Leaves 2 Teens Dead
Two Huntington Station teenagers were killed in a Melville crash early Saturday morning in a case that Suffolk County police suspect speed was a factor.
Police said 18-year-old Ray Vega was speeding in a Honda northbound on Walt Whitman Road when he sideswiped a Pontiac driven by his brother, Kevin, struck a curb and then a tree at 1:14 a.m.
Authorities used heavy rescue equipment to remove Ray Vega and his passenger, 17-year-old Carmen Rivera-Gotay, who were trapped in the vehicle.
Ray Vega was pronounced dead at the scene and Rivera-Gotay was taken to Plainview Hospital-North Shore where she was pronounced dead.
Kevin Vega, 19, and his 21-year-old passenger, Isaias Perez, both also of Huntington Station, were not injured.
Second Squad detectives impounded the vehicles, are continuing the investigation and ask anyone with information to contact them at 631-854-8252.