- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 1 week ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 weeks ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Hempstead Hit-and-Driver Sought
Nassau County police are looking for a hit-and-run driver that struck a pedestrian in Hempstead and fled on Saturday night.
The victim was trying to cross Clinton Street at the corner of Wellington Avenue when he was hit by a northbound vehicle that did not stop shortly before 9 p.m., police said.
The vehicle was only described as dark colored.
The unidentified victim, a Hispanic man about 30 years old, suffered head trauma and a broken femur. He was taken to a local hospital where he is listed in stable condition.
Homicide Squad detectives ask anyone with information about this accident to contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-244-TIPS. All callers will remain anonymous.