- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 1 week ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 weeks ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Wantagh Psychic Arrested for Theft, Fortune Telling
A Wantagh woman who performed psychic readings on a woman has been accused of fleecing her out of $4,900 that the suspect allegedly told the victim was needed to lift a curse.
Lisa King, 43, was arrested and charged grand larceny and fortune telling.
Seventh Squad detectives alleged she told the victim over the past week that “she would bury the money and was not to tell anyone about what happened or the curse would return,” police said in a news release.
The victim’s money was not found, police said.
King will be arraigned Sunday at First District Court in Hempstead.