- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Hicksville Pharmacy Robbed of Drugs
A masked gunman held up a Hicksville drug store and stole widely abused prescription painkillers on Monday morning, Nassau County police said.
The suspect walked into Harry’s Pharmacy on South Broadway, where he demanded Oxycodone from a 44-year-old man working in the store shortly before 10 a.m., police said.
The gunman walked behind the counter, demanded that the victim open a closed cabinet and then stole several bottles of narcotics before he fled on foot northbound on Broadway toward Roosevelt Street.
The suspect was described as a white man, 25 to 30 years old with a medium build, wearing a bright yellow jacket, dark baseball cap, white surgical mask and gloves entered.
Robbery Squad detectives ask anyone with information regarding this crime to contact Nassau County Crime Stoppers at 1-800-244-TIPS. All callers will remain anonymous.