- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Long Island 4th of July 2013 Events
Patriotic spirits need not be contained by backyards this Fourth of July. With so much to do this Independence Day, Long Islanders have no excuse but to take their best George Washington-style powdered wig and fists full of sparklers out on the town.
Glen Cove Indepedence Day Celebration @ Morgan Park. 7 PM.
Star Spangled Blast at Bald Hill @ Pennysaver Ampitheater. 7 PM.
Long Island Ducks Fireworks presented by Atlantic Honda @Bethpage Ballpark. 7:05 PM.
“Stars Over Montauk” Fireworks @ Umbrella Beach. 9PM.
Boat Ride and Go Fourth on The Bay Fireworks @ Fire Island – Visit captreefleet.com to reserve tickets.
Fourth of July Fireworks @Asharoken Ave. 9:15 PM.
Veterans Salute and Fireworks Display @ Lido Beach Town Park. 7:30 PM.
“Long Island’s largest fireworks show,” 6:30 p.m. Saturday, Eisenhower Park.
For a full list of Gucci fireworks events on Long Island, visit their website.
Atlantic Community Band performing at the Sousa Festival @ Patchogue Theatre. 10 AM. Free.
Atlantic Wind Symphony performing at the Westhampton Beach Concert @ Village Green and Gazebo on Main Street. 7:30 PM. Free.
Billy Joel Tribute Band Mike Del Guidice & Big Shot @ Pennysaver Ampitheater 6 PM. Free. Fireworks to Follow.
Huntington July Summer Arts Festival @ Heckscher Park. 8 PM.
Fourth of July on Main Street @ Suffolk Theater in Riverhead. 6:30 PM. Free.
Parades, Festivals, and other events
Port Jeff Fourth of July Parade starting on Main St. to Barnum Ave. 10 AM.
Massapequa Fourth of July Parade starting on Walker St. to Park Blvd. Assemble at 10:30AM and parade begins at 11 AM.
2013 Oakdale Chamber of Commerce Firecracker 5K Race/ Walk @ Dowling College Curtain Center. 9 AM. Cash prizes for top three male and female racers. Ages 10+. Register day of for $25 or online for $20. More information at www.islandrunning.net.
Bellmore Striders Independence Day 4 Mile Adult Run and 1 Mile Youth Run. Start at Petit Ave at 8 AM for youth run. Youth Entries $10. Adult Pre-registration $20/ $22 day of race. Age12+. More information at www.bellmorestriders.com
1861 Independence Day Celebration @ Old Bethpage Restoration. 10 AM. Free.
2013 Sandcastle Constest @ Hither Hills State Park. 9:30 AM. Free
Fourth of July Children’s Bicycle Parade @ Glen Cove Finley Middle School. 10 AM. Free.