- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 6 days ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 weeks ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 1 month ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Patchogue Sex Attack Suspect Sought by Cops
Suffolk County police released a photo of a suspect wanted for sexually abusing and robbing a woman in Patchogue over the weekend.
The 24-year-old victim was walking westbound on the south side of Main Street when the assailant grabbed her from behind her and dragging her into a wooded area between West Avenue and River Avenue at 3:15 a.m. Saturday, police said.
The assailant assaulted, robbed and sexually abused the victim, who suffered cuts, bruises and a broken nose. She was treated and released at a local hospital.
Investigators suspect Main Street was crowded Friday night into Saturday morning and that numerous people may have encountered the suspect before or after the attack. He may have fled eastbound on Main Street.
The suspect is described as a tall, light-skinned Hispanic or black man with a thin build in his 20s. He was wearing a black t-shirt, dark colored jeans and a wool ski type hat.
Police noted that there have been no other similar incidents reported in the area.
Fifth Squad detectives ask anyone with information on this case to call them at 631-854-8552 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS. All calls will be kept confidential.