- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 6 days ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 weeks ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 1 month ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
DWI Suspect Had 2 Kids in SUV, Cops Say
A Manhattan man was arrested for drunken driving with two children in his SUV in Dix Hills the night of Independence Day, New York State police said.
Troopers stopped a Dodge Ram pickup truck driven by Vince Mojica for failing to maintain his lane on the Northern State Parkway westbound near Exit 42 at 9:30 p.m. Thursday, police said.
Mojica was found to be under the influence of alcohol with two kids in the vehicle.
He was charged with endangering the welfare of a child and driving while intoxicated with a minor in the vehicle, a felony under Leandra’s Law.
He will be arraigned Friday at First District Court in Central Islip.