- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
DWI Suspect Had 2 Kids in SUV, Cops Say
A Manhattan man was arrested for drunken driving with two children in his SUV in Dix Hills the night of Independence Day, New York State police said.
Troopers stopped a Dodge Ram pickup truck driven by Vince Mojica for failing to maintain his lane on the Northern State Parkway westbound near Exit 42 at 9:30 p.m. Thursday, police said.
Mojica was found to be under the influence of alcohol with two kids in the vehicle.
He was charged with endangering the welfare of a child and driving while intoxicated with a minor in the vehicle, a felony under Leandra’s Law.
He will be arraigned Friday at First District Court in Central Islip.